Monday, February 20, 2012

Goodbye, 2011! Hello, 2012!

Well, I forgot to take pictures of A LOT of events!  I got some of the things we did for Christmas and the 100th day of school, but haven't been very efficient in taking pictures-forget about blogging! We are off school today for Presidents' Day, so I am playing catch-up here at home & on the blog.

Here are some pictures from Christmas.  We had our own Christmas program on a Friday afternoon and presented our program for parents & the rest of the school. The boys and girls did a fantastic job. We made some things in centers and Santa came to visit.  No pictures from the Christmas party-Way to go, Mrs. Eggers!




I am pretty proud of our angels-they came out cute!



 I copied the Bible verse on tan paper & crumpled it up & burned the edges for an aged look.
We made a 5 Senses Christmas book during centers.  We painted with a gingerbread mixed with water for the sense of smell.  I added cinnamon to the mix because I had stored it for a couple of years & it had lost its spicy smell. I should have coughed up the $2.00 for a new mix!

I am missing the pages with "Christmas feels like Santa's beard" and "Christmas tastes like candy canes."We glued cotton balls on a picture of Santa and taped a candy cane to the other page.



Our letters to Santa!





Our group before our Christmas program.

Our Advent wreath we made during center time.


Santa came to visit! 














I love Pinterest & saw these snowmen made out of powdered doughnuts; I knew they would be perfect for a surprise from Zero the Hero.  Zero brought us a surprise on every 10th day of school. 



We celebrated the 100th day of school in a big way! Everyone brought in 100 pieces of something for snack to share with the class.  Homework was making a project using 100 things & we had some very creative projects. Zero the Hero brought us 100 balloons & made a quick appearance in our class!























Another idea I got from Pinterest was for  our Happy New Year people for our bulletin board in the hallway.  I used Dollar Tree party hats cut into two pieces and party blowers.   Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Love everything! Thanks for blogging -- no matter when or how often you do it, it is just great!

    ReplyDelete